For New Years I wanted to tick off another box on my to do list.
I was told that Edmonton was not worth seeing but the West Edmonton Mall sure is. It used to be the biggest mall in North America. Biggest or not, it's still massive!
Spent the day there, not buying anything really, but went to Boston Pizza for the first time since being in Canada, and it's exactly like everyone said it is: overpriced and nothing special. I am happy I went, and first times are still exciting for me. I live to tell the tale!
I did not venture to downtown on the 31st, but got a hotel room at the Courtyard by Marriott. Got into the hot tub, went for hobtwings and beer in the restaurant. Then went to bad with my laptop, a movie borrowed from the library, glass of wine and by 11 pm I was asleep.
Woke up and drove to Elk national park, 60 km west of Edmonton. It's a giant park where bison roam free, lots of hiking paths around the lakes and campgrounds. All white in winter of course, but still totatlly worth it. Ended the day at a colleagues house for food, drinks, and good company.
Not a bad start at all! I am more determined than ever to make the best out of this new year.
sea lion
Water park
Hotel room at the Courtyard
Saying goodbye to a challenging year
Tons of Moose prints, but again did not see any!
Don't feed monsters?
Beginning of a good night
No comments:
Post a Comment