There are also a bunch of volunteers named "Banff Life", who do all sorts of activities and social events. I thought that because I'll be here quite a while, I might as well sign up.
Have not heard back yet but I sure hope to become a volunteer, get to meet more people then I already do and get to know town better.
Also I don't really get bored here, there is so much stuff to do: town has a swimming pool, hot pools, rock climb center, skating arenas (indoors and outdoors), gym, free yoga 4 times a week, art center and my favorite, the library! I even got a library card so I can borrow all books and movies for free :) I also spend lots of time at the library, it is very quiet and warm whereas the hostel can get way too noisy for reading even 1 or 2 pages.
In addition to this, life has drastically improved since I have both days and nights shifts.
I absolutely love working days, and do what I love doing and talk to sober people. I don't mind working nights but I can't really say I love it. They are looking into putting me only on days, so I am waiting patiently for the day to arrive.
Cherry on top, getting out of staff accommodation was really the best thing, female dorm is truly a dream. I have made so many friends already, I get to get a proper sleep in a very comfy bed in a room that gets cleaned daily.
Everything is going the right direction and things seems to get better every day.
I have fallen into a routine that I like and I do feel a sense of accomplishment that for me is essential. - It is really cold but it will get colder. We have -2C during the day and -9C at nights now, not so much snow yet, but streets are very icy.
This was just a quick update so I will post more photos.
Only thing: I have not seen a bear yet!!
Coyote chasing Elk tracks
Lake Minnewanka
Mountain Goats
Finding my way to the toilet in the local pub
Home made Yorkshire pudding made by a Yorkshire friend
W…T…F…!!
Mr Banff!
The library :)




Hej Lea...så spændende og hvor er det flot derover. Godt at høre du har det fint, og mere dag arbejde. Vi venter sne i weekenden. Mange klem fra os i Sakskøbing
ReplyDelete