Saturday, October 17, 2015

Calgary and sweet new ride

I had to go to Calgary to get my international drivers license done at the Danish Consulate the other day, good to get out of Banff for the day.
People at the consulate were extremely helpful but I felt 100 km and an awful greyhound bus ride was a lot to go and sigh a piece of paper. But still worth it.
Calgary turns out to be an extremely boring concrete city with almost no charm at all.
I was only in downtown but I am assuming the neighborhoods are not much better.











The city counts 1 million people, but it didn't feel busy at all. Maybe because all the buildings are interconnected, so there is no need to get out of one building to get into another. Everyone inside!

Reason I had to make an international drivers license is that I bought a sweet ride! No more greyhound busses! I bought freedom!
Welcome to 1996 Dodge gran caravan. It's name is VanMorrison. I did not name it, it's the name the previous owners gave, they absolutely adored it but hat to sell it cause they are moving back to Australia.



7 Seats!

I also got my very own number plate





I spent almost all my money on this van, insurance and other stuff that comes with it, so now I am just like everyone else here in the hostel. Poor. Now I actually need to make and save money! Damn! So hard to do in a party hostel where 100% of earnings go on alcohol and late nights.
But all is good, weather is fantastic and I am having fun :)
YOLO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment